Old 02-23-2019, 04:36 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  
Numblady

PS seems very normal to have mixed feelings. You are human after all! Hoping this weekend restores more order to your life and gets you feeling more organized and structured.

NC that sounds exactly like me and y’all have helped calm me down several times. That no matter how much you do there’s so much left. And doing one thing means you’re not doing ten others. I’ve always marveled when people say they are bored. As a task oriented person I really can’t stop thinking of them so I guess boredom is never a problem. But slowing down is. Which of course is part of where alcohol came in for me. A forced slow down. So glad to hear about the magical mountaintop ride and coffee. They sound fantastic!

Things are pretty okay here. Rough mornign with the kids yesterday. My daughter can be so intense and was upset it was my son’s birthday and he was getting special attention and was going to get to leave school early. Then he was mad because she was “running his birthday” and I’m in the middle trying to broker peace and not get upset myself. It sounds like it would be easy to do because what they are saying is kind of silly but in the moment, with people screaming and whining and following you, it’s harder. Oh and she voiced her intent to make us all miserable in the out of town trip we are taking for his birthday today. So it was just kind of stressful. And then, as if the universe knew I neeeded some help, another mom asked my daughter to sleep over last night. This made her so happy and took some of the stress off of me so I could focus on some other stuff like getting ready for the trip. And she came home and of her own volition very genuinely and sweetly apologized to her brother. So I’m hoping she won’t be so tired from sleepover that the birthday trip suffers. Luckily it’s just 3 of my son’s friends and they are nutty and loud but low drama. Hoping for the best!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Full of organization and naps