Old 02-22-2019, 05:01 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  
NewChapterJan18

Hi Class,

NL: I need to adjust my own perspective regarding work and life admin in general - I feel like the 'task list' approach is just a recipe for constant feelings of failure as the list never ends! It also means that no matter how productive you are, there's always that twinge of 'well, look at all the stuff I didn't get to...' and the beat goes on. I really want to try to get better at living each day for the day I'm in. Kind of like mindfulness, but different - I feel I've gotten pretty good at enjoying the good moments, but overall, I feel my head is still chasing the tail of the next day, week, month, task, event, etc. I'm sorry that the newspaper story has cropped up now of all times - it always seems to be the way. Hopefully you can still get to do some fun stiff with your son and work in the letter and meetings, too.

PS: I am totally on your page with the structure and order. I used to be militant about it (to a fault..it was kind of unhealthy) but now I just crave some stability and love the rare occasion when I get a few days / week of just regular hours and tasks to get through in an orderly manner, rather than fire fighting and reactionary stuff. Keep plugging away at that dumpster..!! haha Your little office space sounds like heaven. There's nothing like a peaceful, orderly work space to get the juices flowing creatively and productively!

Hope everyone else has a great day, too!