Old 02-22-2019, 03:52 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  
PalmerSage

Hi all! You guys are the best. I feel so bad about complaining, because the house is very nice and literally everyone I talk to says, "aren't you SO glad to be home?" so it seems ungrateful to think...kind of? As I learn more about my true self as a sober person, it's becoming increasingly apparent that I really thrive on structure and order, even if it seems to go against my natural inclination to constantly run around like my hair is on fire. Numblady, your husband's desire to have things "out" sounds like mine. UGH. Luckily, we still have a dumpster in our driveway so I'm going to keep smuggling things into it as much as possible...baby steps!

I've been on an interview panel all week for one of our partner organizations, in a subject matter area that I'm not super familiar with (finance), so it's been pretty interesting and not too taxing since I'm not the hiring manager. I've been working on setting up a little office space away from the chaos, so I can focus more on staying on top of work - there are things I've let slide that I normally wouldn't, which also contributes to my stress and goes against my need for organization. Hopefully, this weekend will be more productive and maybe I'll even get some exercise in!

Numblady, NewChapter, Scotty, Sunflower, Dee - I hope you all have a great day!