Old 02-21-2019, 03:55 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  
PalmerSage

Hey NewChapter, thanks for keeping the lights on for us! I'm so glad that even though things sound busy, you're squeezing in a little fun here and there, like fox "hunting" - so cool!!!

I've been reading here, but for some reason every time I start to post it seems super negative. The amount of stuff in this house is really getting to me, after living without most of it for 9 months, now I realize how little we actually need and use. My husband is a borderline hoarder, so I really have to work around him to get rid of anything. I think "one box at a time" sounds great in theory, but in practice it's more like rooting through half open boxes for specific things and then leaving the rest in a state of disarray. And the more stressed I become, the more crap I eat, so my weight is slowly climbing again.

I know that I need to focus on what is within my control, and take concrete steps to improve things. On the plus side, there is a lot of unused space in this house where I can stage boxes and temporarily store stuff before it's donated, sold, or thrown away. It will be good exercise to take items up to the top floor, and while I'm there I will see my treadmill and maybe even step onto it? I know how much it would improve my mood, so that is definitely in my plans. I'm getting through one day at a time right now.

Scotty, Dee, Numblady, hope all are well! I'll be around later.