View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 03:35 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

Hi overs!
Nice hotel and staff here but boring. Too cold to go out with no car. This area has only hotels for the airport so a car is necessary. I am prepared and bought several microwaveable frozen dinners, a box of tissues impregnated with aloe and lotion, a bag of cherry/menthol cough drops, and a 12 pack of Ginger Ale, and a bottle of Mucinex. I have full cable TV, a computer, a smart phone, and 24 more hours until I infect a plane full of innocent people who were not responsible! (The grandkids did it with help from their daycare! They were already exposed/had it already so just brought it home as a present for grandpa. ) I imagine we will have some issues with the altitude acclimatization in addition to organisms in air/water/food we are not accustomed to encountering. I had similar cold symptom-like issues with beer born illness the morning after our one and only pub crawl in 1996.

Mags,
Yes Sassy sent me an email long ago and I forgot too. I think the UK does it on Sunday, March 10 (in 20 days) and falls back this year on Sunday, November 3. Is that right or do you across the pond have a different date for time change to DST?

Andy,
I was a professional military and civilian weapon instructor and gunsmith for the last 20 years of my career. I taught my very petite 5'2" wife to shoot my Colt Model 70 .45 automatic pistol and she outshot me with my own gun! You're right, that is outdated.

Toots,
Glad you got settled first. I hope your visit goes well however it goes. I am flying home to finish our packing and getting rid of a lot of stuff. Then she will drive up with our pup Maggie. to receive the shipment and begin organizing while I stay down there and sell or give away the rest, groom the yard when dry enough, then sell the property. So we may be apart for a few months. The upside is we are retired military and married 46 years so no challenge. The downside is I am accustomed to her spoiling me and vice versa. I don't do well without a woman's supervision. She does well either way. And has loaded pistols and shotguns all over the place. As well as video cameras on all sides and driveway alerts front and back. She had a lady trespass on our property to turn around and got stuck last week and she saw her on the Ring system when she approached the house after dark, so she answered with a .40 cal 15 shot behind her back. Once she found the lady was no threat , she showed it and told her that had she been up to no good, she would have been shot. So she called for help and I saw her on the video system from a motion detection alert on my phone in Colorado. I told her she was trespassing and she was confused until she realized I was coming from the doorbell and explained that she was waiting for help and my wife came back and explained I was just making sure all was well. Most new security cameras come with microphones and speakers to talk to folks at the door. Handy when you live in the country or city.

Sassy,
Thanks again. Guys she already sent the information to me. Sassy, priceless info.

IP,
I'm not settled, haven't even finished packing and selling the old house and things we won't need like a full size tractor, a riding mower, and a zero turn 50" mower. We bought in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The weather there is very changeable because it is at 7500 feet altitude right up against the front range with spectacular views from our house. The weather is great and the dry climate agrees with us. Especially after the heat and humidity in Louisiana.

Have a great evening or morning, whichever your time zone permits!