View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 06:49 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

Thanks Andy! I am whupped! I feel like I've been rode hard and put up wet. Did your in law trip go well? I came down with a cold so took a room in a hotel next to the airport, ostensibly to keep the wonderful grand-kids from getting it too.

Actually had a 50 car pile up a couple of days ago in a snow storm that was light, and today, as forecast, a really big storm hit and I am snug with free breakfasts and WiFi.

Mags, We've owned about every kind of abode here, and rented or were in Gov't townhouses in Germany and in many places like Bogota, and toured the North American Continent for seven years. Now we want close in, and neighbors are OK. You have to remember we retired to full time when I was 45-52. Now I am 67 in May and the years of military life have taken their toll. Back and neck OK but not strong. I need hearing aids and have been putting them off until we get settled in here. (Any hearing aid advice appreciated.) The altitude makes one wheeze like an old man until we acclimate. Did that when we first came here too. 30-60 days and our bodies will make more RBCs and keep the ratio high.

Thanks PJ,
Some of your favorite colors. I've never seen any metal and cedar fence done that way before. I just realized I have as sunburn too! In winter. I forgot to hat up on the sunny days which have been most days with two snow days.

Thanks FBL! We're thrilled.

Thanks Sassy! I hope your back issues get resolved too. On thast cruise, just don't try Cuba now.
https://www.newsweek.com/cruise-ship...assica-1333729

CK,
Good info.

IP! Long time no see! I am glad to see your studies progress. Relationships can be a bear until you find a soulmate. But keep looking and never settle. You will prevail. You are someone's hidden gem who is looking for you. I am proud for you in your sobriety.

Well gotta check emails I haven't done in a week. Then bed. I reversed my days back to normal hours. I get up at sixish now, bed ~ 10pm.