Old 02-14-2019, 04:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
AmbyMarie

Health anxiety is putting a damper on my sobriety!!

Im at 9 months sober and wish I could be happier, but I’m terrified that I have ruined my liver and doomed to die! Never worried about my liver so much while drinking🙄. I was a binge drinker for 14 years, I had period of abstinence for my 2 pregnancies and usually drank on weekends, or maybe twice a week. I would regularly have “sober days” over the years and classified myself as a “heavy party drinker”. The last 1.5 years of my drinking I was binging 3, sometimes 4 days a week😔. And I could drink a couple of bottles of wine. I am mortified with myself and am worried that I was too late at quitting at age 35. I have no desire to drink and know I need a check up once my insurance kicks in, but I’m constantly worried I pushed it too late. I know nobody can give health advice, but maybe some encouraging words? I’m not yellow and don’t have “liver pains” or anything, but I do get concerned because I drank so much. I know my health can only improve, my blood pressure is perfect and I’ve lost 20 pounds since getting sober, but it keeps me up at night worrying about dying and leaving my young boys without their Mother😔. Please, any uplifting words would be welcome right now.