View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 06:12 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  
stargazer016
Quit 4/17/15

Yesterday, I was waiting around for my septic guy to come pump out my tank. He got weather delayed and didn't make it to my house until almost 6:30. It was pretty comical helping him by holding a flashlight so he could see what he was doing. I will go back to warmer and brighter day clean outs once again in the future.

Don't know if I mentioned it here, but had a somewhat alarming spike in blood sugar levels on my last blood work. I have been prediabetic for many years and haven't thought much about it. Last blood work had me near the Type 2 Diabetic line. Since then, I have begun following a diabetic type diet, low in carbs and higher in fat and protein. I have already dropped six pounds and am feeling good. Just losing weight should help overall. In my line of work, it is far too easy to be eating cookies and other sweets all day long. I am also back to tracking my food intake on my phone once again. Every time I contemplate eating something, I take a minute to figure out if it is worth the carb and sugar load in my daily routine. I do enjoy eating bacon for breakfast every day, so this diet has it perks. I am even beginning to enjoy eating non fat Greek yogurt.

I hope everyone is doing well and Happy Valentine's Day to all!