Thread: 4th time lucky?
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 05:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
sameoldsameold

Thanks Dee.

Well, day 6 and I have been to my first AA meeting and first counselling session. I am not quite sure what I think of either yet!

I am sure they may both be useful if not vital tools in the box as time goes on. At present however I am in a period of trying to address a number of problems in my life which are not really alcohol related - though i have used alcohol in order to avoided addressing them previously.

I have found that I am not currently thinking about drinking but instead about how to approach these other challenges in my life. That is consuming me. So I was feeling reluctant to be talk about alcohol, or even, if I am honest, listen to others talk about it. I know it is not something that I can ignore in the long term of course but I am just accounting my own current reluctance.

I realise will need to be well prepared for when I am tested and I can only do that by considering my problem and planning properly. So I will stick with both things for now despite my current lack of enthusiasm for them.

Otherwise, I am ok. I have no cravings or anything like that but I never really do until I have the first drink!

So, I think I am doing at least some to the right things - new things I haven't tried before - and I am sober. So, over all, pretty positive.

Thanks again for the good wishes.