View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 05:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

Mich......I hope that your googling "how to get over a divorce".....told you that 6 months is a little too soon to expect to get it all over with---done and dusted...!?
exactly what were you expecting...?
While I think 6 months is too soon to be completely healed.....the intense grieving episodes usually are beginning to be l ess l ong and a bit further apart....
I will ask the same question that Trailmix asked...what are you doing for yourself to help you through this...?
In some of your previous threads, I notice that you mention that the ending of the marriage makes you "feel like a failure".....That makes me wonder if you might have some issues of low self-esteem or low self image.....
You indicated that you stayed for several years in the unhappiness...even with no children or financial issues to hold you back....and that you didn't understand why you stayed so long.....I think that is a good question to ask yourself....to ask yourself until you have some answers and more self awareness...…
For some, giving themselves the gift of self exploration...with the help of a support group, or the assistance of a good therapist...
By the way....did you ever read the articles that I gave you the link to---from our library---over a hundred excellent articles.....If not...I still recommend that you do so. You will never find so much knowledge gathered in one place...!

Another thought....even though you spent the last 10 years with him....you probably brought your own baggage to the relationship.....(we all carry some baggage...lol)….If so---and you did not work through the pre-relationship baggage....you could still be dragging it around behind you....While divorce is painful, to be sure....any old baggage just adds another layer of complexity....
In addition...if you had any other losses in your life...and did not resolve them or completely grieve those losses....the current loss will trigger the remnants of old losses....another layer of complexity....

While the grief that you are feeling cuts deep and takes time to get through, to reach the healing.....there ARE a lot of techniques that really do help....that can help you a lot.....
do you know any of them....?
Maybe, you can start a new thread and ask the forum to share their extensive and collective knowledge and experience with you.....if you ask---I know you will get a lot of response.....
Dont' forget that there is a lot of stuff that can help you heal in those 100 articles that I gave you....Right here in the Classic Reading section of the stickies.
If you need the link, again...I can give it to you.....