Old 02-05-2019, 12:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Natom
Not Alone

Seeking Treatment Tomorrow, Sick and Tired of being Addicted

Hello all,

I've been a member of this forum for a few years and used to be a regular poster. However, I stopped posting when I started using again although I do pop in and lurk periodically. So I relapsed and have been using opiate painkillers in rapidly increasing amounts for the last few years.

I've tried to kick it myself a couple of times by preparing a box of supplies and taking time off work but I've always ended up relapsing after a couple of days when the withdrawal symptoms are peaking. I also went to the doctors to try and taper myself off but ended up using what I was prescribed on top of what I'd normally use. Typical addict fashion.

So I know I can't detox by myself and I also know I can't taper off the meds. I also can't afford to go to an inpatient rehab and I'm unlikely to get a place in a residential government funded rehab.

I've spent the last week sorting things out. I've arranged to see a counselor and will be having my first session tomorrow afternoon. This will be followed by an appointment with the local drug service team who can do opiate prescribing as I feel that this may be the best option for me at present although the ultimate goal is complete abstinence.

I'm also planning on getting back into NA meetings as soon as I can.

Thanks for reading.

Natom.