Old 02-04-2019, 07:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
klekota

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
Maybe I have this wrong but is this child not actually yours? Are you not a biological or adoptive parent?

If not, the lawyer probably has a point.

Aside from that, it is imperative that you get help for the child. If he/she is yours (legally) as well, you should leave with the child right away and seek help at a domestic abuse center. They will guide you, they will help you with making the reports, they will be able to refer you to organizations that can help you. If you have no domestic abuse centers in your area, you can call

If you can't get immediate help from them, you should certainly be calling the police and reporting it.

Is there extended family that can step in? The Father (if you are not), the Grandparents?

I am the biological father. We are living together and I have all parentless rights for the child as we are still married and the child is mine. The wife's family is in deep denial of her problems and accuses me of being at fault for not supporting my wife. They will not help. My family is not local and is of little assistance although they are supportive of me.

the lawyer is very matter of fact about my lack of options. The domestic abuse hotline is a great start, and I will contact them for advise. I will contact the police,although most of the time my wife doesnt leave bruises or Mark's on either myself or our child. I fear she will turn the tables on me and accuse me of abuse. She has threatened me several times that she would.