Old 02-03-2019, 11:14 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  
scottynz

Hi everyone,

@ Sunflower I’m sorry to hear about the relationship stuff, that really is so hard. My partner of 8 years and I sat down a few weeks ago for a really serious conversation. I’m trying to be more intentional about looking at his positives and what we have rather than the things that have been driving me crazy and are missing. It’s helped a bit, I work all day with people who are quirky and different and have a son who is both - I have to accept my partner’s quirks too. I can’t change some of them and if I choose to be with him, they are part of the deal, but equally there are other things that are not working for me and if there is not a willingness to meet halfway then we have hard choices ahead. He and I survived a really hard time some years ago now, much worse than this and the years that followed were great, so I am also mindful of the roller coaster of emotions and relationships too.

@ Palmer it is a great feeling when you can let the universe decide about big changes, I hope it all works out.

@Doris, how lovely to see you here, congratulations on day 4 and your commitment to not drinking. Hope to see you in here again.

NC sorry to hear about the client setback that is so frustrating. I know how hard you guys work. I hope the riding lesson helped take you out of yourself for a bit.

@NL hope you feel better soon, my Dr mentioned to me that people often don’t realise that the typical cycle of a cold is 3 weeks and often do too much too soon and get frustrated that they are not better soon, please continue to take it easy.

I’ve just had a week of staff only days and training, the kids start back this week and so I’ve been dealing with so many emails. I’ve noticed that since quitting sugar and losing a little weight my general mood and energy levels are much improved. It’s quite possibly all related to blood sugar, but it will be interesting how I go once I am back into the full time pressure of work.

I was thinking of our missing in action friends, I hope all is well with them, but know myself it is not always a sign something is amiss if they are not here. I know when I have disappeared from here for months it is just that I’ve been living a busy sober life and staying off the internet and then sometimes too much time passes and it feels like there is so much to catch up on. I know of course this is always ‘home’, but I do get why some drop away for long periods or for good.

We always leave a light on for them to know we are home if they come to visit 😎