View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 09:43 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Glenjo99

Originally Posted by pdm22 View Post
Oh good, he sounds really nice. When you express your concerns to someone, and they try to help you and meet you where you are at, that’s actually a sign of a securely attached person, which would probably be a nice change of pace for you. I see things similar to you about how all of the different styles just are- I think it’s something like 50% of people come out of childhood securely attached, the other 50% a mix of anxious and avoidant, and it’s all pretty much within the range of „normal”, especially when you look at what people go through in early childhood/ childhood.

If we weren’t in the lucky 50% to come out of childhood securely attached, it’s good to have people in our lives who were, to help model that, and to help us learn how to attach and bond in a trusting way. That’s part of the reason why it’s good to have therapeutic relationships like that, especially if we don’t have other people in our lives who can model that, and provide that support for us.
I know what you mean. I think part of me is a bit in awe of him, like I'm examing him from afar, amazing at how someone can feel so secure and self assured. He says I over analyse and that most things don't bother him. I heard a saying before, surround yourself with people you want to be like. The journey and hard work starts here, I'm determined to have a better relationship with myself however long it takes.