View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 11:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ricky583

Angry My AP and Others I am sure

Just thought that I would post an incident that happened last week that I have been doing some thinking about. And see if my problem might be shared by others.

Here is what happened. My AP and I were on our way out of town to work and he was drinking. Which I hate to let him drink while I am the driver but had no real choice in the matter because we had to make the trip. He refused to go if I didnt allow him to drink. So I gave in. We have been having some bad problems relationship wise and have been working on them. He suddenly decided he wanted to tell me off out of the blue. This was well over half through the 4 hour drive. He asked me if I wanted to stay together and I said yes which is what I thought that he wanted. Well he proceeded to start calling me names and saying that there was no way in He-- that he wanted to be with a stupid idiot like me and even went so far as to spit on me. I took it for a while but finally gave in and yelled back. Needless to say the next few hours were miseable. I almost turned around and came home. But I didnt needed the work. Well that is the first part of this. Now comes the second part of it the one that has had me thinking and wondering how common this is.

Two days later we were home and I decided to say something about what had happened. And I told him that I didnt appreciate what he had said and done. Well his response to this is what has got me thinking...He said that it wasnt him talking it was the alcohol and that it had made him say those things and that I shouldnt believe them and let them go. Well I tried to do this and got to thinking that when someone is drunk they are more prone to say what they mean.

I think that its wrong that I am supposed to forget what was said and over look it. Especially when if it was the other way around and I said something out of anger, which I have done and said things that I didnt really mean only to regret them and say I am sorry afterwards and say that I was just angry. He wants me to overlook his words but he will refuse to overlook mine and throw them up every chance that he gets. I know that I am wrong for letting myself say things I do not mean but I should get the same overlooking as he expects from me. But oh yeah i forgot it was not him saying them it was the beer and that makes it Null and Void he didnt say them. This is a big issue with me and I am sure that its not one that I have a patent on.

Well I have rambled on again thanks for the space for me to this in your daily life.

It will all work out one way or another I guess.

Thanks
Rick