Thread: mom.... died
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 02:41 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Meatball2

My dad died alone.

I begged my mom, to not die alone. I wanted her to be with either me or my sister when she lets go...

I did xmas with mom that morning, just me and her and her dogs. I didnt open her presents because I wanted to wait for her.

but decided that I may lose this oppertunity to share it with mom.

I am a very hard person to buy presents for.

Mom got me a wierd gourmet coffee maker (mom used to drink a gallon a day of coffee) and 2 pairs of really nice work gloves...

those 3 gifts from mom were the hardest presents I have ever opened. I saved the label from the first one.

15 minutes afterward an aid came in to wash mom, and then, she gasped. then nothing, i told the aid we are not doing this now and sent a text to my sister to get back here... (she was at urgent care with her son) mom gasped again, I told her I love her, she opened her eyes the first time in 3 days looked right at me, with a tear in her left eye, gasped again and was gone.

She did xmas with me. she gave me a real hand squeeze after presents...

and she let go with me with her, and made sure i wasnt alone, when she went. Mom didnt want to die with me being alone in the room. She made sure I wasnt.

She went peacefully and with grace.

my sister showed up 20 minutes later.

mom spent 3 days in hospice, and my sister and cousin were basically living there with mom. I spent the last night with mom.