Old 01-27-2019, 04:53 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  
Numblady

Hello to me! Just sayin hello and I thought of you all last night. Went out on a date with my husband because we had opera tickets. We went to a really good restaurant that every time we go to they snootily say “do you have reservations” and we say “no” because we never do. And then they say the wait will be like seven hours or something (okay it’s more like an hour and a half but basically a message of you won’t get in here and definitely not in time to see the show). So I just made a reservation last week. Duh! It turned out to be really good. Annnnyhow, I ordered a mocktail, just whatever the bartender came up with that didn’t have alcohol in it. They brought it out and it was really pretty. In a sturdy glass just like the real drinks. With a. Couple of blueberries for garnish. Primarily seemed to be just lime juice. It’s crazy how AV lurks around. I really didn’t wish I was drinking like the rest of the people. However, there was definitely a fairly large part of me that thought, wouldn’t it be just a little bit nice if they accidentally brought me a real drink? Like why would I think that if I don’t want to drink? I guess the mind will never entirely giving up trying to figure out a way to have the upside (the buzz) without the many downsides (the preoccupation, the unhealthy ness, etc.)

How are y’all doing out there? Sunflower are you still in Boston?.