Old 01-26-2019, 04:01 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  
Numblady

Scotty I love the description of the older man with the flute. How marvelous to be at a place in your life that you can truly appreciate it. Contrast now with if you were boozing your way through it all. Good luck as the academic year craziness sets in.

NC Bummer about the lunch. Hopefully it was a temporary setback on the healthy eating front. I have to echo Palmer’s words about the gratitude forum. In fact I guess that’s how I ended up going so many days without posting here. I guess I just kept going there instead! It’s just such a wonderful expression of joy and thanks from so many people. I’d say check it out if you can! Glad things are settling in with your horse. Hope it continues on that path!

Palmer, so cool on the job prospect. And what great timing in terms of you will probably be through your move and somewhat settled in to your house (I think?) if you do change jobs.

As for my job, Idk. I have at least distilled my primary complaint down to its essence which is that a lot of things land in my or my team’s lap and there are too many people on the sidelines calling shots but not actually helping. And basic communication is regularly lacking. But what I do with that I’m not sure. Some of it is truly the fundamental personality and leadership style of the three top ranking people where I work. So unclear to me what talking about it would accomplish. I’m going to keep thinking about it at least.

Well as usual I’m trying to drag myself to go work out. I still feel poorly physically. Like my lungs and throat just hurt. I’m not sick-sick but I’ve been taking it very easy. I think it’s helping?? I kind of wish I would either just get sick and be done with it or go back to feeling healthy and normal.

Hope you all have awesome days! I should be able to post more this weekend.