Old 01-24-2019, 07:59 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  
NewChapterJan18

Hi Class,

It is an absolutely miserable, dark, wet and cold day here! I will be riding after work tonight which I must admit I am not particularly looking forward to given the weather - I'd rather curl up with a book by the fire! A new acquaintance through hubby's tennis club has moved into our office building by chance, so we went out to lunch together today which would have been lovely, only the restaurant screwed up everything possible (we had to wait 20 mins when we got there as they had forgotten to reserve a table for our booking) and it was 2 hours before we got back to the office (the restaurant is only a 5 min walk from the office!). I won't bore you with the list of other things that went wrong, and in any case, that wasn't what even bothered me most, it was that the menu didn't offer any really healthy options, so now I also feel bloated and gross, and sad that my 'good' streak has been tarnished. Oh well.

NL: I love that you took the time out to 'putter' about! And I love even more that you described it as 'puttering' - LOL! I know the guilty feeling of blowing off a class you've already paid for, but I 100% endorse your decision! You absolutely made the right choice to avoid stress and rushing about. I hope you start to feel better and that it doesn't devolve - if you can take some rest to try and nip it in the bud, I think you should. Easier said than done, though, I know.

Palmer: Feel better!! There is nothing worse than that drained, yucky feeling of being totally run down. Take care of yourself! Lots of fresh lemon juice, grated ginger root and manuka honey tea (I swear by it!). I'm so sorry about the light fixtures - I hate when something like that triggers such an intense negative emotion. Always feel free to come and vent to us, though - that's exactly what we're here for!

Hi Dee, Sunflower and Scotty! Hoping Chase and BTLover might stop by soon to check in.