View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 05:01 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Primativo

Originally Posted by Ayers View Post
Nope. I just would not put myself in that danger. It's the same as considering going into a pool of crocodiles and "hoping" you won't get eaten.

Also, if you go and join in the drinking fun at the stag party, what's going to stop you saying you may as well continue till after the actual wedding? And then some.

I personally wouldn't go. And if your friend is a real friend with your best interest at heart, he would understand completely.

That is all very true. Just a part of me does think, well I could just have a weekend and then back on the wagon again afterwards. As you say though, if I give in for this, then there are always other events on the horizon where I'll be tempted to give in too.

Also, I'm worried that if I drink again, especially after a long weekend of intense drinking, there's a real possibility I could end up on a binge and not be able to stop. I mean, it's happened before. That scares the life out of me. My last binge I ended up in hospital because I literally couldn't stop drinking. I've relapsed since then and there's been no binges, but I don't want to risk it and I genuinely don't want to drink.

I guess there's like 95% of me not interested at all but like 5% is telling me "you should go, you never see your friends etc etc"

I suppose this isn't unusual in early recovery.