Thread: New question
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 10:36 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
2018LizAnon

My ex has never really begged to come back. Certainly he would cry and beg and make promises to change while we were still together, but he's never begged to get back together.

What he will do is if we are in communication, make comments like, "you're so beautiful", "I miss being with you", "I want to fall asleep next to you", and other things about our future house or kids, etc. But never, "I'd like to get back together." And even if I'd ask him point blank, he probably wouldn't say that.

What has usually happened is that he either asks to meet or I reach out to him to talk and then he puts on this facade that he's so incredible sorry for everything that he's done and he realizes that it was a problem, but that things are different now. He literally sobbed the last time I saw him in May. I end up feeling extremely guilty or lonely or whatever and start believing that things are different and it inevitably becomes clear that nothing has.

Just a warning that this is how it may be for you. It's a really confusing limbo to be in. For me, it's too mentally taxing and emotionally draining to occupy that space.