View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 06:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RDBplus3

Hello Primativo,
IF... you are alcoholic as I am... OF COURSE you KNOW you will drink. You also 'probably' know what will happen when drunk??? That's the problem with extreme (normal) drunkenness, and especially those damn BLACKOUTS. 'Will' you just regret it and start over??? Maybe maim or kill someone ... or make such an ass of yourself you get you and/or your friends in irreversible legal trouble ... or ... ???

Early Sobriety MUST BE PROTECTED. like a newly planted flower that needs to take root. However, in AA, our Big Book tells us that when we are maintaining fit spiritual condition, we can go anywhere, if there is good cause - and a sound motive.

I consider myself to be in the leper class of alcoholics. However, after working the Steps thoroughly, and thru continual pursuit of living this awesome Sober Life, I was able to go an a NASCAR race weekend with a group of guys from our construction office. Bars, continual drinking, strip bars, etc, etc.

I thoroughly enjoyed the entire weekend, was interactive with everyone, and it was a JOY to be the Sober guy. When asked numerous times by the Contractor that was funding the trip if I needed a drink (or other ...) I was confident when I said, "No Thanks, I'm Good".

Could, or 'should' I have done this in early sobriety? NO.

If I can be of any help, please reply,
RDBplus3 ... Happy, Joyous amd FREE ... and I KNOW U can B 2