Old 01-18-2019, 01:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Wamama48

Hi Mango. Going great. The boys and my husband have been helping some, otherwise I say thanks, but be gone with ye lol

Everything is painted, my husband and oldest son are putting down flooring tomorrow, then I'm moving in a nice recliner, bookshelves, table and chairs and a loveseat. It's all things we already had so I haven't spent a penny with the exception of the loveseat. Its leather, my daughter got it for me for $30. I'll add plants, baskets, curtains and other pretties as I go along. My niece is painting some art work for decorating. All of my art supplies will go in that room, a snuggly electric blanket too.

Having our very own area might seems silly to those who havent lived with an alcoholic/RA. But a space of our own is freeing! All of our girls understand, RAH and the boys, clueless.

It's somewhere to go where the A/RAH's addiction, or anything remotely addiction related, is not allowed, a quiet, peaceful place for us that brings joy and freedom. I will not even allow my own thoughts to go there.

Nothing with a screen allowed, only books, puzzles, board games, art and craft supplies. It has its own name....The Quiet Room. I told the boys they are welcome to visit. My 12 yo said there would be nothing to do. You know, because there's no phone, computer or tablets allowed. I have work to do with that child.