View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 11:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Guener

A lot of firms will wait a couple weeks or longer, depending upon the position, until they begin asking for interviews. Also, some firms are required to post a position, even if they have somebody in mind from staff already on hand as ready to fill the job. So, don't be discouraged that you haven't heard back yet.

You should continue your job search and actively applying to those roles that you think would be a fit. I went through the same process of waiting and running out of money to keep me going, and it's nerve bending. Keeping up your positive actions toward adding more opportunities to your cache of applications will help you stay more positive.

Another route that you may not have considered is to contact a local temp agency for work that can tide you over. Sometimes these lead to permanent offers, at least one did for me in the past. You get paid week to week and you are not locked into anything should you get a permanent offer from somewhere else. The hardest part is if you have to get away for a couple hours to do an interview somewhere, but many employers with temps will understand that and try to accommodate you. Every job you fill, temp or not, requires your full effort at what you are doing.

Obviously you don't want to let this stress inform your AV that's telling you it might be okay to drink over it.