View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 03:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Leelee168

Mango, Thanks for sharing the article—-you are not the only one who has needed it lately.

I love the use of the word “eventually” and see it so often when I read about trauma. Eventually is like being four years old, in the middle of January, and thinking about Christmas in that year. Your perception is that it will never get here

The part of the article about words is really hitting home, though. I discovered Pinterest about four months ago and created boards about the past few years. It gave me an outlet to pin quotes and images and to say what I needed to say about them. It has been a safe place to get out emotions and words that people who know me might not understand or be comfortable knowing about. I have a few followers (very few, like under 20), which is not what this is about, but some of them have messaged me. They are piecing together a story, and I think this is where the healing might lead me in the long term.

Big hugs to you this morning. I hope that today you are feeling better and that the sun shines brightly and warms your face.