Emotional Battle Scars

Old 01-14-2019, 05:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

Emotional Battle Scars

Found online:

“Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.” — Helen Keller

"Despite your emotional wounds, the hurt will pass and the scars will eventually heal.

To relive the pain reinforces the experience because you cling to the emotions instead of process them.

As time moves on so does the emotional strain, yet you needn’t clutch to your pain story. You can suffer or let go of what no longer serves you.

Many people mask their pain by avoiding it. They rather forget the hurt which only reinforces it.

You must love and acknowledge your darkness, like pain and grief. If you appreciate the sun and wish away the darkness how would you see the stars at night?

Your emotional wounds lead you to experience the wholeness of yourself. It is remiss to emphasise your darkness while identifying with your light since you encompass both parts.

Pain is a powerful teacher that connects you with your inner wisdom.

Without pain, how will you recognise the enduring self that lies beneath the rubble of suffering?

Without pain, you are powerless to embrace the entirety of who you are.

Your emotional wounds do not imply you are flawed, yet show your true character. They are your battle scars that show you have danced with life and lived to tell the tale.

You communicate to others of the struggles that lie ahead, having traversed the path yourself.

Your wounds lie fragmented deep within your psyche. If you have not reconciled them, they grow stronger until you address them. They are the imposing shadow, lurking in the darkness waiting to grab hold if you grow weary.

The mind’s self-protection is an admirable defence to preserve your emotional wellbeing. It stows away the pain when you’re least equipped to deal with it.

Rather than persecute yourself for holding on to unpleasant memories, appreciate that your mind protects you from further getting hurt."
Old 01-14-2019, 05:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life is good

I called my DV hotline this evening, not knowing why yet knowing it was a good, healthy action.

It wound up being a conversation that is helping me fairly quickly process what I've been through today, along with acknowledging I've been through a lot of trauma and stress over a long period of time. I'm checking in with them again tomorrow.

The above article really speaks to me tonight.
Old 01-15-2019, 03:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hang in there, Mango! I hope today will dawn a bit brighter for you
Old 01-15-2019, 05:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life is good

Thank you, Seren!

“In every adversity there lies the seed of an equivalent advantage.” — Robert Collier
Old 01-16-2019, 03:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Mango, Thanks for sharing the article—-you are not the only one who has needed it lately.

I love the use of the word “eventually” and see it so often when I read about trauma. Eventually is like being four years old, in the middle of January, and thinking about Christmas in that year. Your perception is that it will never get here

The part of the article about words is really hitting home, though. I discovered Pinterest about four months ago and created boards about the past few years. It gave me an outlet to pin quotes and images and to say what I needed to say about them. It has been a safe place to get out emotions and words that people who know me might not understand or be comfortable knowing about. I have a few followers (very few, like under 20), which is not what this is about, but some of them have messaged me. They are piecing together a story, and I think this is where the healing might lead me in the long term.

Big hugs to you this morning. I hope that today you are feeling better and that the sun shines brightly and warms your face.
Old 01-16-2019, 08:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life is good

Thank you, Leelee. You're welcome.

Hugs greatly welcome! I am. It is. Life is good.

I slathered emotional coconut oil on my fresh wounds Monday and they're healing very quickly.

Your Pinterest experience is great. I find Pinterest and Instagram healing in different ways that change as I do. My Pinterest boards are currently completely empty, waiting for timing and inspiration in using them again.