Thread: Struggling
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 08:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
FlawedNFntastic

I got fired from my job (to be very specific, they forced me to resign, but the results are the same) at seven months sober. After my years of drinking, I was living paycheck to paycheck, have a young son to take care of with no support of any kind, and I'm unholy anxious and socially awkward. So there I was with two weeks to find a new job with no references, no help, and really no network (the last one is my own fault, but at that moment, there was nothing I could really do to remedy it).

I cried for about 15 minutes, then I sat down at the computer and started sending out resumes and setting up interviews. I had my last day at my old job on a Friday, and the following Monday, I started my new job. And there is no way on earth that I could have pulled that off while drinking. It was scary - terrifying really - but after it was all said and done, it was two weeks.

You can do this horrifying life event. It will be a day, or a week, or a month, and you can do it. It may be awful, it may be better than you expected, it may be worse, but YOU CAN DO IT. And doing it sober will be a heck of a lot easier and will let you feel proud of yourself when it's done.

Please keep checking in and letting us know how you are.