View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 10:46 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Realest

Originally Posted by Grungehead View Post
My sponsor was a big proponent of running anything that was bothering him through the 10th step (he called it a "mini 4-9"). Put what's bothering you down on paper (4th), talk to your sponsor or someone about it (5th), ask HP to remove any defect causing you to be bothered (6th, 7th), make amends if necessary (8th, 9th).

What I need to remember is that I am human, and just because I have formally worked the steps doesn't mean I'm going to go through the rest of my life in a state of bliss. Stuff still happens...I still take my will back...I still take some of those defects my HP removed back and nurture them...and the result is usually a big ole resentment.

I've found that if I go through this process as soon as something "sticks in my craw" and not let it fester, things never have a chance to build into a major resentment. I find it much more palatable than waiting until I'm miserable from accumulated resentments and having to do a long and drawn out 4th-9th again, or worse not doing anything and reverting back to who I was before I worked the steps.

Run these "big book thumpers" through this process and try to discover where the "hate" is coming from. If the problem is not on your end go to page 552 and follow the instructions.

I did that last week I wrote down a four column inventory called my sponsor and it helped. But sometime I fall victim to childish emotions and can’t control my frustration with this big book thumpers. But I’ll try to take your advice . Thank you,