View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 07:16 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
LiveLikeGold6
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Just a quick check in... I'm still freaking soberrrrrrrrr!!! But it doesn't stop here. I hung out with my boyfriend last night completely sober for the first time ever and it was FINE. I then had a meeting today and found out a well respected person at my job is in recovery and has 7 years sober! To top it all off I've decided to go back to school to get my terminal degree. It will be something I've wanted to do for a while now and the perfect excuse to stay home on the weekends until I'm stronger in my sobriety! Day 11 ending. I have my kids this weekend so no problems staying sober this weekend. But I'm doing a solo trip to Las Vegas next weekend and my plan is to make sure I am back in my hotel room by 830/9p if not a bit earlier. Me + the night + vegas = major binging. So no! This time I will bring my laptop, work, read, research, sleep, eat any interesting foods I want, try some DAYTIME shows for once, perhaps do some light DAYTIME sight seeing, and if all else fails I will order food to my hotel room and watch movies lol. I must stay sober. I really want this year to be my year. When I think of my last few binges I just can't help but saying, WHY DO I KEEP DOING THIS TO MYSELF??? IT DOESNT HAVE TO BE THIS WAY. I KNOW I need to get into a face to face sober community, I will feel like something is missing unless I'm in contact with at least one other person committed to their sobriety. Maybe I could check out a meeting in Las Vegas? Anyway, not that short lol. NIght all!