View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 01:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Realest

I hate Big Book Know it alls

The meetings I go to are good for the most part except several men on the meeting. They constantly spout passages from the big book and don’t back it up with their experience. For example I was struggling with thoughts of drinking so I shared about it, I shared that I called my sponsor and we discussed it and the though passed. Then the guy shares something like “the big book says the 10th step promises are that we won’t think about drinking.” And he inferred that I was not working the program properly.

This is gernerally how these people share. They cross share and quote the big book but don’t back it up with their experience. And they’re very militant in their approach to recovery. They think they have all the answers. Do you guys come across any of these people? How do you deal with them?

Then there’s people who quote the big book and back it up with their own experience. I like these people a lot better they’re much more genuine and sincerely desire to help others. But the men who just quote pages annoy me so much.