Old 01-10-2019, 11:32 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Wamama48

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DontRemember View Post
**It's gonna sound like like I'm an ass,but I'm fine with that**

Why not remove yourself and the 'kids' out of the situation entirely? Your disdain,for him, is well documented on here and I just can't wrap my mind around why you'd stay..is it purely financial?..you said "end of my rope"..what's that mean to you?...could you get a place next week?..If not that should be your goal..plans put into action allow change.

Again..not trying to be an ass.
Valid question. Its mostly financial. I have turned over every rock and pebble looking for help this past year. The housing crisis here is out of control, the cheapest rent is for just a room in a house, at $650. A 2 bedroom in an apartment in a seedy part of town is $975, plus utilities. I'd also need first months and last month's rent, plus deposit. The homeless population has exploded, and I'd rather be here than in a women's shelter.

The other reason is my 17 year old son who has Auimtism/Bipolar. He has bouts of self harm and neither one of us can keep him from hurting himself with just 1 person. We generally get a day to a few hours to prepare, we know the signs. But he's too strong for one person. He hasn't had an issue in close to a year, so that's good!!!Yes we've looked into programs for him, and he has a phenomenal doctor.

I did have a solution, living in an RV in the park I work in. I asked my dad if he'd buy something we could live in, he said no, but he could help with $100 a month. Ok, that would buy a tent. Our children have young families of their own, no extra money. My husband does have a rich uncle with a little studio apt next to his barn. But he thinks being around alcoholics is fine, and I just "need to get over it."

What do other people do who are in my same situation? My brother in law lives in his car, people camp out in some of the state parks. They sleep on couches at friends and family, or join the homeless population. That kind of life with all that change and uncertainty would send an Autistic kid off the deep end. So, I don't see a way out. I've tried. Weighing all the options, I'm stuck. I'm still better off here than in a tent, a women's shelter, or an air mattress on the floor of a family member.

Also keep in mind most of us post when we are having problems and need advice or support. You don't hear about all the good things that happen, the progress being made, promises that are being kept etc. I do love him, there are many good things, I just don't post about them because they don't stress me out or bother me.