Thread: Hard Night
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 10:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
gemini7

Originally Posted by FeelingGreat View Post
Hi Gem, I feel a little like you, in that I've just had a final break with a long-term friend, my daughter has made it clear she has no time for me at the moment and I'm feeling pretty depressed. Not about me though, just to say I understand a little of how you feel.
I was wondering if there are forums or meetings for people in your situation, maybe not physical challenges but with v little spare cash? Dare I suggest a church, because I know they are big in the US, and have lots of side activities? As an atheist I wouldn't go to one myself, but that doesn't apply to everyone.
I had 2 years unemployed, so I know how difficult it can be keeping up with people who have money. I did manage in other ways but making them little food gifts, or helping with babysitting, or finding meaningful tokens for them second hand. As long as I was doing something, I didn't feel it was too uneven.
I'm sorry about the final break with your friend and about your daughter. That kinda stuff can be rough. I have accepted it with the 'friend' as I don't consider her a friend after this. I would never be her friend again at this point b/c I could never trust her. If it only took me saying I was over something always coming up for her to run, she was never a friend. It's not like I called her names and cussed her out or something. Lol. That would have made sense to me. It seemed like such a small thing to stop talking over. Oh well. Lol.

And I have thought about church. I don't identify as any one thing. I do believe in a higher power, just not sure exactly how at this point. Which is funny, b/c I used to work for a worldwide ministry. Lmao.

And I do the same thing when it comes to the times I do hang out with ppl with money. I try to think of ways to contribute myself if I it's not monetary. Thank you for your thoughts.