Old 01-03-2019, 04:19 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  
Numblady

Oh hi Palmer our posts crossed! I can totally see feeling that way. I also think it’s a factor of time. When I last moved I started systematically, putting the kids in bed, getting myself a big ol’ glass of wine and then carefully sorting through what to keep, what to donate. And then the move date got closer. By the end of it I was literally just pouring the contents of drawers into boxes. I’m more in a place where I’ll try to go through stuff if it gets hard to close a drawer or it really bugs me but in terms of my grand aspirations for scanning all our paper etc. it will just have to wait for retirement or something. One box at a time seems like a great approach to me. You and I both have to work to keep the scrolling to-do list quiet. Maybe just try to leave your body and pretend it was someone else doing your move. I doubt you’d think twice about whether they went through their stuff more deeply or not. You can show yourself some grace here and free up your mind for some of the many decisions you’ll have to make.