View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 05:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Stacey333

Unhappy Please can someone help

I am about to get married in two weeks, my partner and I have been together for almost three years, but we have known each other for most of my life.

He drank a huge amount of alchohol daily when we got together and he was very drunk each night - I was shocked at the horrid things he would shout and scream at me when he was drunk, but of course he wouldnt remember in the morning.

We moved into together and things improved. Each night he would drink a huge bottle of cider to himself, and I started to question this, as he didnt go for one day without a drink.

This has now turned into 3/4 cans of very strong cider a night and he is generally drunk each night. I get upset all of the time and speak to him about this amount he is drinking everyday, but he just shouts at me and calls me pathetic and full of it.

Sometimes he gets tearful and says he has a problem and makes endless promises to cut down - but then denies it the morning after.

We made a pact that he would only have 2 cans per night, but then I caught him drinking on the way home from the shop to hide it from me.

I love and care about him, and he never used to be like this. The wedding is in two weeks and i am terrified about him being drunk and slurring his words a the ceremony.
Things have got particularly bad in the last 6 months - of which point it was too late to cancel the wedding.
Two weeks ago I had to go see him in hospital because hed had a seizure whilst driving. He is no longer allowed to drive.
I know that on that particular day he had no alcohol that night before because he fell asleep. My thought is that it happened because he had no alchohol?

I have a very good job - He recently was sacked from his job - (which he lied to me about, and said he was made redundant), so now he is at home all day on his own - I have no idea if he is drinking in the day.

I feel exhausted from worry and arguing - I feel unattracted to him when he is drunk and our relationship has deteriorated. He wont listen to me. I have to go through with the wedding - and in my head I hope he just stops drinking in time - but I know I cant live with this forever.

Any advice would be much appreciated.