View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 07:00 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
shutterbug
A picture's worth a 1000 words

Originally Posted by pedagogue
Do you know what can have the biggest effect on your therapy.....personal fit. Having a healthy connection with a therapist has shown to provide positive change, regardless of actual treatment. Certain schools of thought centralize around this belief (Rogerian for example ) If you fail to have a connection, therapy will most likely failure or be severely impaired.
I totally agree. I had a connection to my former therapist who taught me to use meditation, breathing, health, harmony and i just love her to death. I haven't seen her in about 6 months and she still writes me and calls on occasion to see how i'm doing or to invite me to a free group therapy session she's just started. I don't know what kind of school of thought she adheres to. I know i get a lot of help from her, but i thought CBT was the best type of treatment. My new (state funded) therapist is totally clueless and there's is NO connection and i feel i haven't gotten ANYthing out of all our sessions. It's really stressing me out.