Old 12-29-2018, 05:05 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  
Numblady

Palmer you know I definitely want you to keep posting here but I like you miss the more active days and the back and forth. I wonder if there’s a way we can have both, like if we find an additional group to bolster our sweet but busy “home group” to borrow the AA term. Where are the gratitude threads? I’d like to check those out. Good luck with the travel and the trip!

Scotty, that sounds very stressful with your family. Glad you navigated it successfully. I worry I’ve ruined my children with their access to screens but unlike you I don’t seem to have the wherewithal to change much about it. I just worry.

Sunflower, yay!! More in text.

Yesterday ended up being a wonderful day. We sent the kids to camp and I skipped work altogether. To do what I’m not sure exactly but I just tried to let myself do what I wanted when I wanted for a day. I got my overdue car inspection (FAIL!! So there’s that...but at least I started the process and now they are going to try and fix my burned out tail light and restore functionality in one of my brake lights that is not working period). And just did a couple of the projects I need quiet for but can never do with the kids around. I decided I’d really regret not taking this day while I could. And that I can’t be too upset at all the male execs who make more than I do for less work when I willingly worry over everything and work so much. I do wish I could rely on people more. Like I don’t have a problem delegating but the number of times I have to follow up with people just to get stuff is really depressing. Grown professional adults with advanced degrees. Ugh. This line of thought is making me sad.

Went to a fun comedy show last night (following a wonderful dinner with husband where we fought about parenting...sigh) and thought I saw Sunflower. So some lady probably thinks I”m a lunatic because I was totally staring trying to discern whether it was her or not It’s like a sign we need to see each other. And have cake! Okay maybe there aren’t any signs about having cake but I will have gone a year without drinking. I don’t need a damn sign.

I am going to try and work out but I seem to have really wrenched a muscle in my back...from...sleeping. Like at what age did I cross this line where I injure myself by sleeping?! So annoying. But also kind of funny.

Have a great day one and all!