Old 12-28-2018, 12:29 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  
PalmerSage

Hi all! I'm posting late today, despite reading here earlier. I feel like there used to be a lot to respond to, and now, not so much - which kind of leaves me to just comment on what's happening with me, and of course, always learning from my girl NL. I'm obsessed with your 1/2 sobriety date, and need you to meet up with Sunflower for cake! That sounds like a perfect way to celebrate.

I feel really down today, not sad exactly but just kind of restless and lethargic, like there are a lot of things I need to do but I can't muster the mental energy. I know part of this is caused by my super crappy diet lately, plus not drinking water and not exercising at all, aside from some halfhearted yoga. The only good news is that while I keep expecting my weight to increase, it really hasn't, but I know that I'm losing muscle tone. And mentally, unstructured time was never my friend before and is definitely not now. I guess we're planning to leave tomorrow for our ski trip despite the conditions, which will be fun and at least active, if nothing else! And we're having friends over tonight, which will require me to hustle a little bit (plus, we are getting on each others' nerves over here, so mixing in some new folks is a must).

Numblady, I LOVE that you're "planning to plan" an exit strategy from your job. The stakes are so high, which brings tons of pressure, but the rewards don't seem to balance out all of that life-consuming stress, which affects you to the point that you really can't enjoy much else.

I also love that the novelty of sober driving hasn't worn off, I've thought of that a few times too, like I can just pop out to the store or pick my kids up from evening activities without a second thought, and definitely without trying to pawn it off on my husband or worrying that alcohol was still in my system even if I didn't "feel" drunk at all. That's definitely one of the things we GET to do as sober people, along with feeling more comfortable in our own skin when we say no to things, which I still do quite a bit. Getting to do things is a big part of the gratitude I feel, and have been posting about in the bedtime gratitude thread. I think I will also start posting in the morning thread, just as a reminder of what I've gained in recovery, and a way to focus on the things I might otherwise take for granted.

I hope all are well! I go back and forth between feeling like I don't need to post in this thread much anymore, and not wanting to jinx my progress by scaling back the most important tool for getting this far. Still thinking about that one...