Old 12-27-2018, 06:06 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  
PalmerSage

Hi all! I spent the day with my mom yesterday, which was actually pretty fun. We shopped and had lunch and saw a movie, no in-depth conversations of course, but she is super pleasant and happy to do whatever. I wish there was more snow (or even colder weather) so we could go skiing, friends have offered us their house at one resort but the conditions aren't good. I may push to go anyway, just for a little getaway.

Numblady, good luck with your return trip! I'm glad you had fun brewery hopping, it continues to amaze me how well you've adapted to being the sole sober person among drinkers (including your husband), and in such alcohol-centric environments. At best, I feel like I would be annoyed and at worst, I would probably feel resentful, you know? I think that's part of the reason we haven't even made any plans for NYE (along with the fact that I seem to be incapable of planning ahead for anything these days!), I've never liked that "holiday" even when I was drinking...all the hype, pressure to do something awesome, and then having it fall short in some way. I'm still thinking of ways to enjoy time with my kids that my husband will also be OK with.

Lots to do/plan/decide for the last phase of the house construction today, we are expecting to wrap it up in late January and then get ready to move. The thought of moving makes me want to just donate the 90% of our stuff that has been sitting in boxes for 7 months, because clearly we don't need it that badly!

I hope everyone has a great day, wherever you are!