View Single Post
Old 12-23-2018, 02:10 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
MissPerfumado

H & S, you really need to get sober.

It's extremely difficult to deal with challenges on the job when you are going in to work hungover and with shaking hands.

I know because I did that too.

Drinking made me an anxious mess. I was totally crap at dealing with complex problems or interpersonal conflict. Everything was so difficult. I was paranoid and jumpy and thought people were having meetings about me every time they went into a room and closed the door to have a private conversation. I hated going to work.

Nothing is going to improve until you get sober. Then bit by bit, it will get better. You will be healthier and calmer and your concentration will start to improve. Your worst symptoms of anxiety should start to recede. If you have underlying problems with anxiety - like I do - you can deal with them rationally.

Going to work when drinking heavily is like walking into a fight with one hand tied behind your back. No wonder you are being beaten down. Give yourself a fair chance and get sober, then start looking for a new job. One where you can give it your proper attention.

We have your back. I promise you. We know what it's like!