View Single Post
Old 12-22-2018, 01:14 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Originally Posted by Healthyandsober View Post
I stayed sober last year by resisting the urges to drink the first weekends and the going to AA every nigh after work. I just hate my life so much and it is my work life I hate since getting fired from I job I hated last year I just found one after many months unemployed and I hate it too. What’s wrong with me!
Originally Posted by Healthyandsober View Post
Thank you. I blame myself for this it seems every job I have since 2016 I hate get fired or resign. What’s wrong with me?
There's nothing wrong with you that's not wrong with the rest of us

I fear this has nothing to do with alcohol and I’m just a loser.
no your drinking has a huge part to play here, and it's probably had a huge part in your past jobs too.

Drinking's not solving anything , its not relieving in any real way, its eating away at your self esteem and it is making everything harder for you, and leaving you worse off HAS.

I know these things to be true because I was there once too.

Noone can give 100 % to something when they're drinking.

Noone can really follow their dreams when their life is being torn apart by their drinking.

Noone thinks well of themselves when they're destroying themselves with alcohol again and again.

Noone can really be happy when their drinking is fuelling their unhappiness.

You're not a loser - you're an addict. Not the same.

Its a marathon not a sprint.

My life didn't change over night and yours probably won't either - but I really believe that if you got back into AA, posted here regularly and started seeing your doctor again about your depression....within a few weeks you'd be in a much better place mentally to assess your life, your job and what you want from the future

D