Old 12-22-2018, 12:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Carlotta
Behold the power of NO

I had started smoking again but have been abstinent for ??? months now (I had an app to keep track of the time and uninstalled it by accident LOL).

What happened is a familiar story (just replace cigarette with alcohol and it would be a post for the newcomer forum) LOL.
My friend was in the ER and I was very worried that he might not survive and the AV crept up and told me that I needed a cigarette to come my nerves down.

Only one.

I went to the corner store and the clerk told me that they did not sell single cigarettes (I guess because the hospital is in a nice neighborhood LOL). So I bought a pack and decided that I would just smoke 2 and give the rest to my boss who is a smoker... well that worked out well.

Before you know it, I was back to smoking until I decided to call it quit this fall.
I made my big plan and I am sticking to it (I borrowed the Trimpey's book from the library for a refresher and re read it switching cigarettes for alcohol).

For some reason, cigarettes have been a worst addiction for me than alcohol and quitting was definitely much more problematic.

I hope you are staying quit Billie Jean and everyone.... the benefits are so many.

My main reason for quitting was saving money. At 10 bucks a pack and a pack a day that's $300 a month!!! I am not a wealthy woman and being a non smoker really makes a huge difference for me financially.
I was able to do my Holiday shopping without using credit cards or worrying about being on a very tight budget.

Ps: My friend turned out ok. He was diagnosed in May with lung cancer even though he never smoked or drugged (and never drank alcoholically).
He just tested cancer free
Of course, the bloody AV would have loved to capitalize on the fact that a clean living non-smoker got lung cancer but I shut it down quickly.