Thread: please advise
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2018, 08:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
alwayscovering

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
alwayscovering…….I think that it sounds like a boundary for your and the child's best welfare....during Christmas.
One thing comes to my mind...if my memory is serving me correctly...? I believe that you said that he is attempting to detox, now....without medical assistance or supervision....?
In my experience, if a person is attempting self detox...they may drink in order to keep withdrawl symptoms at bay....truly, withdrawl can be extrodinarily uncomfortable and dangerous.
My point, in bringing this up, is this---if he should drink...it would be easier on you, I think, if you are not surprised...and, just go along to your mom's with little aplomb, and with as m uch acceptance and Christmas spirit as you can muster.....
Wouldn't that be in keeping with your goal of as peaceful a Christmas, as possible for you and the kids....?

As my kids would say...."Keep it easy peasy, lemon squeezy"....lol....

he said he thought about buying a bottle today but didnt because he noticed that his stomach isn't distended and uncomfortable. I didnt ask about this at all. I just said I'm glad your stomach is doing better. He is trying to detox on his own again. I never know if I'm supposed be like a cheerleader or what when he makes these statements.