Thread: please advise
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2018, 02:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
alwayscovering

please advise

I need to make sure I'm not forcing my will on AH.

I changed our bank account. The other bank charged fees for EVERYTHING. It was ridiculous. Anyway the cards came in.

I want to give AH his card but I think with everything going on and the lack of sleep on top of it that I need to reiterate a boundary.

This is what I want to say:

Here is your card to our account. The only money in there right now is the opening deposit.(25.00) If you choose to buy alcohol you will be spending Christmas alone. I do not have the emotional capacity right now to deal with the abuse that only seems to happen when you are drinking. So if you choose to drink, fine, but I will be taking our son and staying with my mom and celebrating with your family without you. (SS has to go to his mom's for Christmas this year)

Does that sound like a rule or that I'm forcing my will? Like I really really really really REALLY cannot deal with his crap right now. The holidays have been super hard for me ever since my dad died and with AH always ruining them with his drinking in the past, me without a full time job, stressed about financials, still dealing with my mom's crazy and his mom's crazy, SS is super stressed because his mom decided to exercise her visitation and he doesn't want to go, I just think if he decides to drink I might snap.

I already know what his excuses are...I had a hard week (he really did, he was on a crew with a crew leader who likes OT, which is great because it means we'll be able to pay all our bills out of his first check. It's bad because it's super labor intensive and he was working from 630am-10 or 11pm every day this week), I'm worried about SS(me too), I hate dealing with my family, Christmas will be really light for the kids (It's not about presents and they have gifts)

*sigh* Help.