Thread: Paws?
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2018, 12:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The short answer is yes in my opinion. I had the same thing happen to me. The anxiety and depression were overwhelming. I thought I was going crazy. What helped me was breaking down and going to see someone to talk about it. I know you mentioned not having insurance but some city/counties offer some free resources.
I have been opiate free for just over a year now. It does get better but it takes time.
When we take pain pills they make us feel good because they flood the body with the feel good chemicals, when that happens the body slows or stops producing them on its own sense it’s getting so much from the pills, so when you stop taking the pain pills your body is still looking for that flood of feel good and when it doesn’t get it, it freaks out (Anxiety) and thinks something’s wrong. The body will start to reproduce those good chemicals on its own again over time. Hope this helps a little.
If you ever need to chat you should check out the chat forum. There’s a lot of good people in there that have helped me through this valley. Good luck.