Thread: Mind Freak
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2018, 11:58 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
gemini7

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
Gemini, you've got the hang of it, you know what you need to do and you are doing it to the best of your ability...but it takes time to heal.

I think that phone call did rip open the wound, and of course the healing has been set back...but this is a set back, not a failure, and a part of you finding your way back to happiness and a life without addiction.

Keep doing the best you can, read the sticky posts because there is a lot of good information there that I know helped me "see" things more clearly.

We're walking this path with you, and holding our lights until you can find your own.

Hugs
You're right Ann. That call def ripped the wound open again. I have not called since. And thank you for saying that. You're right, it's a setback, not a failure. It helps to look at it like that.

I can't tell you how grateful I am for you. You saying that you all are holding your lights until I can find my own touched me so deeply. It made me cry. The support I get here is what has helped keep me going. It's been invaluable.

This has been a very painful few months, with him leaving me, then my grandma passing. I deal with depression/anxiety in general, so it's been more than rough. However, I am determined to let this make me better and get to the core issues so I don't repeat the same mistakes.

Thank you so much.