Old 12-19-2018, 05:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ScottFromWI
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by lessgravity View Post
It's not that it was hard for me not to drink. There wasn't even a slight temptation to do so. I didn't like the smell and I had no desire to have any.
Whereas a drink or two would have calmed some social nerves, as it does for almost everyone, I felt on edge, a bit nervous and anxious. But I also knew that if I had had a couple I would have gotten a little bit more comfortable and wouldn't have had the discomfort and nerves permeating my being.
Glad you made it through LG, and you are right - sometimes live isn't easy. I'd recommend re-reading the 2 statements copied above though....and consider that you wrote both of them literally in the same paragraph.

Both this and your last post about going to the liquor store have some strong AV components that to be honest I think you are kind of ignoring. And you know what...it's perfectly fine to admit that your AV is still barking at you - it's not a sign of weakness nor a failure of your sobriety in any way, just a part of life like you point out.

And the "if I just had a couple thought" is classic, classic AV...we all know what happens when we have a couple right? ;-)