View Single Post
Old 12-16-2018, 03:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Misc72

Sister Love/Hate I want out

So in other news, I've been coordinating my addict/alcoholic/mentally ill sister being transported to a place called sober living america. She is currently involuntarily committed at the psychiatric hospital. She is discharged in A.M. I've worked with her social worker and this sober place and she hops a Greyhound Bus in the morning to head to Jacksonville, FL. I've done this repeatedly since she got out of prison in March. However, never out of state. Let's see what happens. I go over her funeral in my mind all the time. It's really traumatic and I hope I can let this go after she gets on the bus tomorrow. She ended up at the hospital with bedroom slippers and no coat last week in our big snow storm on a crack binge. So... I don't know the reliability of the place she is going. 7 people to a 2 bedroom apt all addicts. She will have the couch till a bed becomes available. They also provide them jobs, a ride and 12-step program. The time and money involved in these restarts is unbearable on me. All this during my own recovery. My mom calls tonight to whine about her part in helping which is minimal and she was so drunk herself. I want to get away from this bloodline. I only have myself to rely on and of course SR. I just wish I had a strong role model to lean on at times. It gets exhausting and then I have resentments. I want her to never contact me again, and then I'm terrified if I don't hear from her it means she is dead. What ever and how to do this?