View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 06:31 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Willow00

Oh Dizzybee I’ve been there too, the constant drowning in wine and feeling sick. So good you’re here, together we’re stronger and we can do this

So sorry to hear about your uncle Red

Jo I hear you re the drunk girl at the Christmas party. We had my partner’s work Christmas party dinner last night at a restaurant. I really hope this doesn’t sound judgmental as it’s not intended to be. It reminds me of my previous life of drinking to excess that I’m trying to escape. One girl was halfway wasted when she arrived an hour late. She sat opposite me. She drank 8 spirits and 6 beers in 2 hours and hardly ate. She was loud and disruptive, and kept throwing Christmas decorations at people and laughing uproariously and swearing. I felt a bit annoyed but I also felt very sad for her. I really hope she finds sobriety one day. She stumbled out glassy eyed at the end, yelling that she was going to the pub. So many times I have been there myself, stumbling, slurring and glassy eyed at the end of the night, but not ready, or unable to stop drinking. But for the grace of God, that could have been me. It was a very timely reminder to me of why I chose to stop drinking and it put my recent AV attacks in perspective so that I wasn’t tempted to drink at all.
24 more hours sober please.