Notices

One Year and Under Club Part 61

Old 07-09-2018, 03:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

One Year and Under Club Part 61

last part here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-60-a-20.html (One Year and Under Club Part 60)

D
Old 07-09-2018, 03:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

TY Dee!
Old 07-09-2018, 09:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee!
Old 07-10-2018, 12:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Thanks Dee.
Old 07-11-2018, 07:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So,,, How is everyone? Life is cruising along for me. I seem to be entering a new phase of soberiety, where the first thing I think about isn't drinking when a social event shows up. I am actually telling co workers that I gave up drinking, not worth the days it took to recover, that sort of thing. 100% agreed with me! They said they are actually cutting back themselves. Wow! Who would of thought!! Oh I am not fooling myself, I know my AV will always be attached to my shadow, waiting patiently for its moment. I have goals, 3 more months and I can peek into the Over thread, which rather intimidates the beejeezus out of me, so I see a lot of stalking and lurking for that particular area of my future.

Life is just fine!

Badge
Old 07-11-2018, 08:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Badge you sound great! Very encouraging to hear, thanks for sharing

In the past I've said that I'm "giving my liver a break" and those who know me would nod in agreement like "That's a good idea" ~ On a new day 7 here so hoping I can finally gain some more traction.
Old 07-11-2018, 11:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

First week is tough Purp and you know you can get further than that, so have faith in yourself and in those who believe in you. The fact you keep coming here, the fact you keep stopping drinking all adds up to your brain getting stronger and fitter and more determined. It will stick Purp, you will get your gift of sobriety. You just need to stop telling yourself that you will lose something if you stop drinking completely. It’s a lie that AV tells us in the early days, and we believe it. But truthfully, you can only gain with sobriety money, health, freedom, emotional growth. The lust is endless. Alcohol is a poison that alters the chemicals in our brain. That is not something we should be thinking of as enjoyment.

Badge, don’t you dare be intimidated by the Overs! We are just a bunch of sober geezers who ramble on inanely about the aging process! (Currently hearing aids and IT seem to be major topics! Seriously, the fact is the first year of sobriety is about fighting the war against AV. It throws everything at you, often right at the 12 month mark, as if it knows once you are past that you’re a lost cause to drunkenness. After 12 months, yes we get AV moments but they certainly lessen in strength and frequency. But long term sobriety brings its own issues, and that is why the Overs came about. It’s a way for those living with sobriety as a way of life are learning to relive that life, learning to live with past choices. Learning to accept the things they cannot change and use the opportunity we have been given, to change the things we can. It’s about beginning to realise those dreams, and also about the ‘Meh’ feeling of ‘is that it?’ We feel when the battle for sobriety feels won, but sober life goes on. It is also about hearing aids and IT! And every time an Under becomes an Over, an angel gets its wings. Or a fairy. Or something? There’s a big cheer anyway, and you have to learn a new dance.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks Toots!!! One day I'll join you all in the Overs with the "sober geezers"
Old 07-13-2018, 12:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Haha I really need to read my post before pressing send, I’m not sure that my iPad doesn’t have a will of its own! Obviously I meant ‘the list is endless’.....
Old 07-13-2018, 12:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm with Purps on this one I'm looking forward to joining you at the Overs and Geezers gig x
Old 07-13-2018, 03:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi, can I join you guys in the unders please?
I hit 2 months today, my longest without a drink in 30 years. It’s been an emotional roller coaster ride that’s for sure
Willow
Old 07-14-2018, 01:12 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Yixi and Willow, always good to see a new face here!

Yep Willow, the emotions that hit us like an express train when we quit are a doozy! All those years of hiding behind a bottle from them, suddenly - no bottle and all these suppressed emotions. And that doesn’t include having to learn to deal with the day to day emotional issues sober. But hey, I’d say those first couple months are probably the worst. You have learned to find ways of getting through weekends sober, probably dealt with work/school issues, family dramas -all sober.
So, great going Willow!
Old 07-14-2018, 01:15 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Great going, Willow!

Love, Aly ♥♥♥
Old 07-14-2018, 02:42 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks Toots and Aly ❤️ I tried to stop drinking heaps of times previously but weekends got me every time, if I even made it that far, often I didn’t. I would decide to quit every Monday morning and most times I’d only make it to Monday afternoon and I’d stop and buy wine straight after work on my way home, and be drinking it in the car before I even left the carpark!

But then I discovered SR and joined up in May. It’s made ALL the difference, knowing I wasn’t doing this alone. Everyone has been so amazing and supportive ❤️❤️❤️ Weekends are still hard but they’re getting easier. When the AV gets too loud I come on here and post somewhere and there’s always amazing supportive people and stories to read. I think the key is to not do it alone. Together we’re stronger
Old 07-14-2018, 03:11 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome and congrats Willow

D
Old 07-14-2018, 03:52 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
welcome and congrats Willow

D
Thanks D
Old 07-14-2018, 06:39 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Welcome to the thread willow and great job on two months!
Old 07-14-2018, 05:07 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi Willow! Congrats on the sober time! Glad you found us, a small but mighty group of soberholics.

fun day on the boat, took the dogs swimming, came home and found a bunch of cockleburrs in their fur. Poor things, had to hurt! Got the scissors and combs, and of course lots of treats afterwards. Spoiled creatures!

badge
Old 07-14-2018, 11:41 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thanks Stronger and Badge

What are cockleburrs Badge? Some kind of grassy prickle? Lucky the dogs have such a caring parent ❤️

I went to the pub for another family lunch today. It’s either meals at the pub or barbecues lately. I’m starting to get used to ordering soda water or coke zero instead of wine! It’s getting easier I think
Old 07-14-2018, 11:48 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I wish I could help, but I'm not doing so well myself these days. I'm staying sober, but just barely. I have so much going on, so many people I care about have so many things going on, I'm just a bit overwhelmed. I have to have surgery at the end of Aug and it's going to be tough because I don't really have anyone to care for me after. I guess it'll happen somehow.