Old 12-14-2018, 08:53 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
NewChapterJan18

Hi Class,

An OK day here. One of our clients has been acting quite difficult of late and the saga continues today with a flurry of emails mixed between pedantic, nonsensical and unreasonable. It's not stressing me out as it used to, more just irritating/frustrating at this point.

On a positive note, I took my lunch break today and went to the stables to spend time with the horse I am leasing. It is so nice to get out of the office and away from the cacophony of work issues and pressures and just spend time with the horses and get out of my head, even if only for a short time! I didn't have enough time to ride, but I enjoyed just grooming and starting the bonding process as we get to know each other.

Tomorrow I have a riding lesson in the morning and then I'll be going up to my parents for the night to go for a festive meal with my mom and some girlfriends, so should be a nice weekend. I have spent the last couple weekends working to try and clear back log and meet deadlines, so it will be nice to have a free weekend to just relax before next week, as it will be a little crazy due to having only skeleton staff in the office as people will be on holidays and trying to wrap up some priority items ahead of Christmas and New Year.

@PS: Yay for Christmas shopping! I have most of mine done now (all online!) so hoping everything just arrives in time and as expected now. I'm sorry to hear about the scheduling mishap, I know how stressful it is when things go awry in that department. At least you're making time to listen to some interesting podcasts as you're driving around - making the most of a hectic situation! I hope the sleepovers go well and without any drama.

@NL: Thank you for your post - I love reading yours and the others posts here too. As you said, I don't have much time for a social life either these days, and at that most of my friends are super busy also, so even if I wanted to meet for coffee, they barely have the time either. It's so nice to have this group to come to and just talk about the day or week, listen to others and generally just support, vent, encourage and celebrate together along the way. I hope you enjoy the memorial group walk tomorrow, what a lovely way to honour your friend's memory. I'm sure the snacking and wrapping will be fun - just take the chaos in stride and as you say, try to just enjoy the fun parts!

Hi to @Dee, @Chase, @Sunflower, @BTLover.